How to deal with parking lot accidents
It's only a common fender bender, but all parties involved should know what to do.
尤其是在假期里, 但即使是在许多典型的周末, parking lots at malls and supermarkets are packed, increasing the possibility of a fender bender and door dings on your car, truck or SUV.
如果你击中, scrape or otherwise damage a parked car — or if you're the victim of such an accident — don't panic. Here are some simple steps you can take:
What to do when you hit someone's car in a parking lot
- Don't drive away from the scene of the accident, no matter how minor. If another customer or a surveillance camera spots you, you could be punished with hit-and-run charges.
- 找到另一辆车的车主. Head into the store and speak to someone at the customer service desk. Describe the car to the employee, and have him or her announce it over the store's loudspeaker.
- 留个便条. If you're unable to learn the other driver, jot down basic information — your name, 电话号码 and a brief explanation of the accident — and place it in a secure spot on the car. Write down the license plate number and take a photo of the damage if you have a camera or smartphone with you.
- 报警(如有必要). Depending on how extensively the car has been damaged, you may want to involve the police. They'll document the accident and they may help you find the other car's owner.
What to do if someone hits your car in a parking lot
- 联系你的 pp王者电子官网代理人. Let him or her know what happened as soon as possible. Your agent will help you determine the next steps.
- 记录的证据. Take pictures of the damage with your phone or a camera, if you have one on hand.
- 做详细的笔记. If the other driver is still around, 记下他或她的名字, address, 电话号码, driver's license number and insurance company. Gather as much information as possible.
What to do if you witness a crash in a parking lot
- 提供援助. If the offending driver is gone, help the other driver document the damage. Give the driver your contact information, in case his or her pp王者电子官网代理人 or the police need to contact you for further comment.